Sauteed Paprika potatoes. For best results I suggest using the freshest ingredients, especially the paprika. Good quality, fresh paprika adds so much flavor and aroma to this dish. The recipe for Hungarian sauteed potatoes was adapted from Professional Cooking book.
In a large, shallow pan, saute the onion and garlic in the bacon drippings until soft. Add the potatoes, wine, and black pepper. Add water as necessary but maintain a thick consistency. You can have Sauteed Paprika potatoes using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sauteed Paprika potatoes
- You need 5 of medium potatoes (unpeeled).
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of Coriander of your choice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 of large red onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need of Salt.
Leave them to saute with the lid closed. Heat oil in another container and put paprika in it. Stir well until the paprika dissolves. Then pour it into the potatoes.
Sauteed Paprika potatoes instructions
- Wash,salt and boil the whole unpeeled potatoes for 5 to 7 minutes.- do not overcook them..
- Drain the water and cool the potatoes..
- Cut into desired sizes do not remove skin..
- Heat oil in the frying pan then add in some blueband..
- Add onions, sautee till soft and translucent using medium heat.
- Add in all the other spices..
- Finally add in chopped potatoes then fry for 7 minutes..
If desired, you can sprinkle on more if it's not enough, or add a little tomato paste. Once the potatoes are nearly ready, sprinkle on the spices and add the tomato. Return the potatoes to the saucepan, and add the oil, paprika and plenty of salt and pepper. Cover with a lid, then shake the pan around to roughen the edges of the potatoes and thoroughly coat them in the paprika and oil. Tip the potatoes into a large roasting tin, making sure they are evenly spaced apart.