German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter. Sprinkle parsley or black pepper to taste and enjoy! Aonori seaweed powder is delicious, too. Season with salt — use one teaspoon for every quart of water.
Cover pot and bring water to a boil. When the oil is hot and begins to sizzle, add the chopped onions, paprika, and salt. Melt the butter in a large ovenproof pan or skillet. You can cook German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter
- It’s 6 of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Wiener sausages, bacon or ham.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of x 2 Salt.
- You need 20 grams of Butter.
Add the potatoes and onions, and mix together well. Transfer the potatoes to a serving. In a large bowl, use your hands to gently combine the potatoes and onion with the egg, flour, salt, pepper and baking powder. Make your own potato chips using your microwave.
German Potatoes Simply Flavored with Salt and Butter step by step
- Prepare the ingredients. You could use bacon or ham instead of wieners sausages. If you don't have a lot of sausages, slice thinly to make them seem like more..
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks..
- Cover the cut potatoes with plastic wrap and microwave. For 100 g, cook for about 1 minute at 600W. If 1 potato weighs about 100 g, for 6 to 7 you should microwave for 6-7 minutes..
- Slice the wiener sausages..
- Slice the onion very very thinly – this is key. The generous amount of sautéed onions in this dish is key to the flavor..
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or vegetable oil) in a heated frying pan. Add onions and sauté..
- After 2-3 minutes when the onions have started to wilt, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and continue sautéing..
- After about a minute, they become a nice color. Add sausages and keep sautéing..
- Add potatoes and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and sauté..
- Turn off the heat, and mix in the 20 g of butter (2 pats)..
- Sprinkle parsley or black pepper to taste and enjoy! Aonori seaweed powder is delicious, too..
- A handy tip to have pats of butter at hand. Each bar of butter is 200 g, so first quarter, then divide each quarter into 5 pieces. You will have pats of butter that weigh about 10 g each..
- Please also see"Hearty Breaded Chicken Cutlets", which is also cheap and delicious and a loved by my husband and kids!.
A tasty and easy alternative to store-bought potato chips (not to mention economical)! A mandoline would make slicing the potato into paper thin slices a breeze. In a bowl using a fork mash together the softened butter, garlic, minced parsley, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Now simply apply a rounded tablespoon to the top of a hot grilled steak right before serving. Take the steaks out of fridge thirty minutes prior to grilling.