Roti Samosa. Say "Samosas", a triangular snack pops up in one's mind and you are salivating. This popular snack has travelled from Egypt to Libya to Central Asia to India. Historical accounts also refer to it as sildenafil, Sambusak, Samsa, Sambusaj all deriving from the persian word Sanbosag.
This recipe is by Darshana Jain from Delhi. Roti Samosa is a tasty and healthy snack made with roti/Indian flatbread. The spicy potato mixture is stuffed in roti and shallow fried to make this delicious dish. You can cook Roti Samosa using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roti Samosa
- Prepare 1 of boiled and mashed potato.
- You need Handful of boiled peas.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of amchoor.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare of Oil to fry.
- You need 2 Tbsp of pomegranate kernels.
You can also stuff different types of filling to it. Samosa is one snack that every Indian loves to have, but samosa made from leftover roti or chapati tastes extraordinary. The left over chapati/roti samosa fi. Roast the samosa on a medium flame until crisp from both the sides.
Roti Samosa instructions
- Cut the chapaties into two halves Fold them like a cone Now pin them up with a toothpick And fry cones in hot oil to make the cover of roti samosa.
- Now prepare fillings of your choice I made traditional aloo and matar stuffings.
- Sautéed mashed potatoes and some boiled peas in ghee with whole zeera and one dry masalas red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchoor and salt..
- One can adjust the ingredients as per the leftover stuff. You can make it with paneer, noodles or dal etc As per your requirements and how many samosas you need to make..
- Fill hot stuffing in the prepared cones and serve with your favorite chutney.
- After stuffing the aloo-matar stuffing I just dabbed them on a plate with pomegranate kernels. That’s completely optional otherwise..
- Serve it with green and tamarind chutney and enjoy the OPEN SAMOSA 😛😛.
Apply tomato ketchup on open side of samosa then namkeen sev. Sev will stick to the samosa with the help of ketchup. Leftover Roti Samosa' is ready to be served. Roti Mahal is located in downtown Toronto at the Queen Street West and Bathurst intersection. It is a place for soulful South Asian food focusing on quality everyday.