Punjabi Thali. A typical punjabi thali will also have raita or curd. I served curd mixed with onion and a sprinkle of red chilli powder. And some tomato and onion rings 🙂.
This is a simple punjabi thali menu consisting of Dal Makhani, Kadai Paneer, Jeera Rice, Raita, Missi Roti and Papad. Generally it has one dessert like Gajar ka halwa or gulab jamun but here in this thali we have skipped it. A char (Punjabi pickle) P unjabi Papad (D ried Lentil chips) I enjoyed making this Punjabi Thali a lot because we go to restaurants craving for such food. You can have Punjabi Thali using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Punjabi Thali
- It’s 200 gm of paneer.
- It’s 1 cup of rajma (kidney beans).
- You need 4 of potatoes boiled.
- It’s 1 cup of basmati rice.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour(aata).
- You need 2 of onion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of tomato pureed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chat masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dry mango powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of besan (gram flour).
- Prepare as needed of whole garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare as needed of kasuri methi.
- Prepare to taste of green chillies.
- You need 1 tbsp of green coriander leaves.
- It’s as needed of mint leaves.
- You need as needed of refined oil.
- It’s as needed of clarified butter(ghee).
When we got to eat all this at home, it was a great party!! If you are in the Springvale area, Punjabi Thali is the restaurant to visit when you are wanting a bit of a change. We serve Thai food with a distinctly Indian twist. This mix of two culinary masterpieces when it comes to food results in a fusion of flavor unlike any you have ever tasted before.
Punjabi Thali instructions
- ZEERA RICE: wash and soak rice for 1/2 an hour. heat 2tbsp oil in a pot. add in 1/2tsp cumin seeds. let it splutter. then add soaked rice and 1tsp salt. mix well. then add 2cups of water. cook rice till soft..
- ALU PARATHA: mash boiled potatoes. add 1 chopped and sauteed onion, 1 chopped green chilli, some chopped coriander leaves, sprinkle some salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chat masala and dry mango powder. mix well and keep the filling aside. Then knead a dough with flour and salt and water. take a ball size dough, make cavity and fill the potato mix and close the dough ball. now flatten it like a roti and the cook on tawa. add oil to tawa to make parathas..
- DHABA STYLE PANEER MASALA: marinate paneer cubes with 1/2tsp salt, 1/2tsp kashmiri chilli powder, 1/4tsp turmeric powder and 1/2tsp garam masala powder. keep aside for 1/2an hour. Then heat 2tbsp oil and 1tbsp ghee in a pan. add 1/2tsp cumin seeds, 2green cardamom, 2 cloves an a small cinnamon stick. infuse the arona in oil, then add 2 finely chopped onions to the oil. fry till brown then add 1tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1/2tsp chilli powder,1/2tsp garam masala powder, 1/2tsp cumin powder,.
- 1/2tsp coriander powder, 1/2tsp kasuri methi and 1tbsp besan.mix all the masalas well. roast. then add 2 tomato paste to it. mix and cover the lid for2-3 mins. meanwhile heat 1tbsp oil in another pan and fry the marinated paneer on slow flame till it is soft. then add these paneer cubes and 1cup water to the pan with masala. mix well and let it simmer for 2 mins. paneer masala is ready..
- RAJMA: soak 1 cup rajma overnight. then pressure cook the rajma with salt n 1/4tsp chilli powder till 4-5whistles. Then heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add 1 whole red chilli, 1/2tsp cumin seeds. stir. then add paste of 2 onions. fry till brown then add 1tbsp ginger garlic paste. mix well n fry. then add 1/2tsp salt n 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 green chilly slit, paste of 2 tomatoes. mix n cover for 5mins. open the lid. mix the masalas well then add rajma and 1 cup water. cover the lid n let it simmer..
- Serve alu paratha, paneer masala, rajma and zeera chawal with raita and lassi of ur choice. u can also add dahi chutney, some pickles, salad and papad if u please. enjoy the punjabi thali..
Stop by Punjabi Thali for lunch or dinner to sample any of the many creative dishes that we have on. Punjabi Thali is one of the famous and delicious food in india. we tried in the way of primitive cooking. 🌱🌱We are going to plant a tree before we start to c. I was planning on two dry subjis, but cooked only one. Boondi Raitha Fresh Salad Aloo Bhindi Subzi Matar Paneer Masala Paneer Butter Masala Dal Fry Jeera Rice Kasuri Methi Ajwain Phulkas Plain Phulkas. So I tried this Punjabi lunch menu last weekend.