Pumpkin soup. This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs. Cream is stirred in at the end for added richness. Sweet pumpkin, smoky chiles, and tangy buttermilk make this a great cold-weather soup.
Remove from the heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the broth, pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; bring to a boil. In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. You can cook Pumpkin soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- You need 2 of kgs pumpkins-i used 3 medium sized ones.
- Prepare 150 g of potatoes"-about 5 medium sized.
- You need 1 bunch of spring onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 of leek optional.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of spice of choice I used nutmeg.
Add onion and garlic and cook until golden. Meanwhile, halve, peel, and scrape out seeds of the pumpkin. Start sweater season off with the best-of-the-best pumpkin soup recipes, stirred up easy and served all steamy. Place pumpkins on a cookie sheet and roast them until slightly shriveled and soft.
Pumpkin soup step by step
- Peel and remove the seeds from the pumpkin.
- Put the peelings and the seeds in a large pot with water and simmer for 30 minutes to make stock.
- In the meantime dice the onion and leek,peel the potatoes and dice them.
- When the stock is ready drain into a sieve and remove the seeds.
- Sautee the butter,onion and leek in a pan.
- Add the pumpkin and potatoes.
- Put all your stock,season with nutmeg and salted.
- Simmer till the pumpkin and salt are ready.then blend recheck the seasoning and serve enjoy.
Allow to cool slightly, then slice in half and carefully scoop out seeds and pulp. Then instead of using cream, use coconut cream. Pumpkin soup is what we all crave come October, but the idea of starting with an actual pumpkin? The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? The answer is a resounding yes, and I'll tell you just how to do it.