Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp. Learn how to cook great Shrimp loaded baked potato. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Shrimp loaded baked potato recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. The shrimp should be slightly undercooked.
Serve soup sprinkled with bacon bits and grated cheddar cheese and garnished with fresh dill. Learn how to cook great Chicken, shrimp, and loaded baked potato. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Chicken, shrimp, and loaded baked potato recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. You can cook Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp
- Prepare 5 medium of potatoes.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of cheese.
- Prepare 3 of green onions.
- It’s 5 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 10 large of shrimp.
- It’s 1 of sour cream (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of old bay seasoning.
- You need 1 of essence of emril seasoning (optionl).
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Get one of our Chicken, shrimp, and loaded baked potato recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl lined with paper towel. Stir in the flour and cook one minute.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Bacon and Shrimp instructions
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- scrub potatoes and prick skin with a fork.
- bake potatoes until tender, about 30 mins.
- bake bacon slices in the oven until crisp..
- place stick of butter in heavy bottom pot and add flour makong a roux. make sure not to let it get any color..
- whisk in cream and let cook until it thickens.
- add milk and let it thicken just a little bit more then add all cheese..
- whisk mixture until the cheese is melts. mixture should be smooth, NO LUMPS.
- add 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings to the soup and stir..
- add 2 tablespoons butter to a pan and sautée shrimp using old bay and essence for seasoning..
- add salt and pepper to taste to cheese mixture.
- cut potatoes lenthwise and scoop out pulp placing in soup..
- with a potato masher carefully mash potatoes leaving some lumps..
- crumble bacon.
- Once the soup is done place in bowl using various toppings. Shrimp, bacon, green onions, extra cheese and sour cream.
Add bacon pieces to a soup pot over medium heat and cook bacon until crisp and fat is rendered. Remove the bacon from the pot and set it aside. Pour off most of the grease, but do not clean the pot. Return the hot to medium-high heat and add the onions, carrots, and celery. This recipe for potato soup includes bacon, onion, ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions—and plenty of potatoes, of course.