Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche. Dairy: milk, eggs, Parmesan cheese and shredded cheese like cheddar, swiss, asiago, goat or feta. I've been making this low carb crustless quiche for several years now. It's based on the original Dr.
Serve this quiche with a cup of soup , baked beans , or a simple tossed salad for a fabulous lunch, brunch, or evening meal. This crustless Bacon and Spinach Quiche recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner! And, it's made with bacon – BONUS! You can have Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche
- Prepare 6 oz of bacon cut into 1/2 " pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion (about 1 small onion).
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 small potatoes peeled.
- It’s 2 cups of fresh baby spinach (about 4 oz) freshly chopped.
- It’s 6 oz of grated cheddar cheese (about 1.5 cups shredded), divided.
- Prepare 8 of large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half or equal parts whipping cream and milk.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce.
I'm a huge fan of brunch. There's no other meal where it's acceptable to have shrimp cocktail, waffles and dessert. Plus there's all the fruit and don't forget the Mimosas. Remove bacon from oven, and place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain.
Spinach, Cheese and Bacon Crustless Quiche instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a pie dish with oil..
- Place a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and sauté the bacon for 6-8 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate. Discard excess oil keeping 2-3 tablespoons in the pan. Using the same pan, sauté the onion for 2 minutes until softened..
- Meanwhile, grate potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. Use your hands to squeeze out as much water as you can from the potatoes. Then pat dry with paper towels..
- Once onions are softened, add the grated potato to the skillet with the onions. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring a few times until potatoes are golden and nearly cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool slightly..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 8 eggs, 1/2 cup of half and half and Tabasco sauce. Stir in the sautéed potatoes, chopped spinach and 1 cup of the cheese..
- Pour into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the top with bacon, then top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375°F for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out fairly clean. Cool for a few minutes before serving..
Stir together eggs, salt, pepper & heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Add in cheese, onion/spinach mixture, and bacon. Butter a glass pie plate or quiche dish, pour mix in, and pat evenly with a fork. Prepare precooked bacon as directed on package, then coarsely chop. For brunch, serve this crustless quiche with a salad of fresh spring greens and raspberries or blueberries tossed with a vinaigrette dressing.