Loaded Potato Casserole. Mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, butter, pepper and salt. Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese. You get a casserole dish that's to die for, that's what.
This recipe combines all of these indulgent ingredients and layers them into a hefty casserole. The beauty of this dish is that it's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser with the flexibility to riff a little on the ingredients to your taste. Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole is the perfect side dish for any occasion. You can cook Loaded Potato Casserole using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Casserole
- Prepare 8 of red potatoes depending on size.
- Prepare 3 cups of shredded sharp cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of mild cheddar cheese.
- You need 16 Oz of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 16 Oz of sour cream.
- You need 3 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of cilantro leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare pack of bacon (11 slices).
- It’s 1/2 of of a big white onion.
If you're looking for a change from classic mashed potatoes, try this irresistibly creamy, loaded mashed potatoes recipe with cheese and bacon. This post may contain affiliate links. Valentina with Valentina's Corner sharing a recipe for Mashed Potato Casserole! My husband is a meat and potatoes guy, so I try new combinations for variety.
Loaded Potato Casserole step by step
- Boil potatoes until you can stick a fork in it. Add your salt..
- Meanwhile fry your bacon. I fried half crispy and the other half semi/crispy..
- While bacon is frying. Mix your mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, and parsley in a fairly large bowl..
- When bacon is done pour all but a little bit of the grease out. Add your onions and minced garlic. Saute them to almost burnt..
- Put your boiler of potatoes in the sink with running cold water to cool potatoes off..
- Once potatoes are cooled cube them and put them in the large bowl also and fold them in..
- Add your sautéed onions to bowl and fold them in..
- Dice the bacon. Put more than half of the bacon in the bowl and fold them in..
- Mix both cheese together, mild and sharp..
- Spray a pan with non stick cooking spray and put a layer of potatoes on the bottom then a layer of cheese then repeat the process again. Then put the rest of the bacon on top..
- Put it in the oven uncovered at 350° for 1 hour..
In this dish, twice-baked potatoes and potato skins make a scrumptious casserole. —Cyndy Gerken, Naples, Florida. Loaded Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This make ahead loaded mashed potato casserole is full of bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives – it's the perfect no-fuss side dish for a holiday meal. These mashed potatoes have all the flavors of a fully loaded baked potato in the form of an easy to make casserole. Place the cheese on top but.