Pork and Red Bean Soup. Drain beans, discarding water; rinse with cool water. The health benefits of black bean soup. Chinese black beans with pork ribs soup is considered to have 'warming' properties in Chinese food therapy, and is loaded with nutrients.
In a medium pot, add olive oil and butter. When oil is hot, add chopped carrot, onion, celery, tomatoes. Add chopped potato, paprika, and chicken stock. You can have Pork and Red Bean Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pork and Red Bean Soup
- Prepare 1 of Pork Roast.
- You need 1 of Bag of Dry Red Beans.
- Prepare 72 oz of Chicken Both.
- You need 36 oz of water.
- Prepare 1 of Pork Bone.
- You need 1 can of 14 oz. Diced Tomato.
- Prepare 4 of Large Carrots.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion.
- You need 4 of Sticks of Celery.
- You need 3 of Large Potatos.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of Bacon Bits.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red Pepper Flake.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili Power.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sage.
When this reaches a boil, add kidney beans and turn down heat to a simmer. When it's cold outside, grab a bowl and spoon to dig into this hearty Red bean and Sausage Soup, a delicious, economical meal that feeds the whole family. Like Cajun red beans and rice in soup form. If you love Cajun flavors, then this Red Bean and Sausage Soup is for you!
Pork and Red Bean Soup step by step
- Soak red beans in water overnight. Rinse off thoroughly before putting them in pot..
- Put in a large cook pot with chicken broth, water, beans, pork bone. Bring to a boil and let cook as you prepare other ingredients. You may want to turn down heat to just a slight noil..
- Saute carrots onions celery red pepper flake and bacon bits and chopped up garlic. Once sauteed to your liking add to pot..
- Add in chopped up pre cooked pork, which maybe left overs from another dinner, potatoes sliced in round pieces, with or without skin, 14 oz can of Diced Tomato with juices, and all the seasonings listed and whatever else you would like to add. Do be careful not to splash yourself when adding these ingredients..
- Let slow boil for an hour and turn down to a simmer and let cook until ready a good hour or two. You may need to add more broth or water at some point..
- When done pull out pork bone and serve. Enjoy!.
It's simple, rustic and FULL of flavor. Put the beans in a saucepan, cover with fresh water and bring to a boil. Melt the butter in a dutch oven or very large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic, celery and carrot, covered, until softened. Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, salt, cayenne, black pepper, and bay leaves.